News January 2013
'News January 2013
We still have vacancies for January and February. Our New Year guests enjoyed the "cosy log fire and wintry walks."
Taronga is no longer available but we will have new self catering accommodation available shortly.
Terms and Conditions
- The Hiring Contract for a short-term holiday rental shall be made between the hirer and the owner of Taronga (Linda Milne). The Contract shall be governed by Scottish Law. The contract effected between the hirer and the owner of the property is in terms of Schedule 4 Section 8 of the Housing (Scotland) Act 1988 and confers on the hirer the right to occupy the property for the period agreed for holiday purposes only. The contract will be deemed to be entered into when the initial deposit is processed and the owner issues confirmation. The Contract will be subject to all of the following booking conditions.
- The receipt of a signed booking form and initial payment (deposit) by the owner is treated as a firm booking and, if accepted, the hirer becomes liable for the full balance of charges plus £150 Good Housekeeping Deposit which are payable six weeks prior to the commencement of the holiday and eight weeks in the case of overseas bookings. Non-payment of the balance of the hire charges by the due date will result in the owner treating the property as being available for re-booking.
- If the hirer cancels a confirmed booking they remain liable for payment of the full cost of the holiday. Upon receipt of written confirmation of the cancellation from the hirer, the owner will endeavour to re-let the property and if successful will make a full refund to the hirer less an administration fee of £55 and any other expenses incurred in re-letting.
- The number of persons occupying a property must not exceed the maximum occupancy level stated in the brochure and the website without prior consent of the owner. Owners reserve the right to terminate the occupancy of the property without notice or refund in the case of a breach of this condition.
- The hirer is responsible for the condition of the property and its entire contents during the hire period, fair wear and tear excepted. The hirer will make good any damage or loss and leave the property and contents in clean and tidy condition. The hirer undertakes to leave the hired premises secure if left unoccupied during the period of let. The person held to be responsible for the hiring party will be the person who made the booking.
- Owners reserve the right to refuse to hand over properties to any person or persons who in their opinion is not suitable to take charge. In such cases hire charges shall be refunded in full and the liability of the owner shall cease. If an owner is prevented, because of circumstances outside their control (eg fire damage, drought or the interruption of utility supplies) from putting the property at the disposal of the hirer, the hire charges shall be refunded in full but the hirer will have no further claim against the owner.
- It is a condition of the contract that no responsibility is accepted by the owners for any accident or mishap to persons or property whilst on the premises or whilst engaged in any activity there from, or from any illness or injury arising from any case of a breach of this condition. The hirer must accept responsibility for the safety of their children at all times whilst in/on the property.
- Smoking is strictly prohibited in the property. Charges will be taken from the good housekeeping deposit if it is found that smoking has taken place other than outside the property.
- Pets are strictly prohibited from the property.
- The owners have taken every care to ensure the accuracy of property descriptions and all information is given in good faith and believed correct at the time of publication.